LilyPie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 22, 2010

Visitors and Outings

I can't believe that it has almost been four weeks! Camden is still eating well (very well!) and growing, we are still tired most of the time, but we are enjoying this special time with our little guy! Two weeks ago, our very good friends Brantley and Adrienne came to visit us from Nashville, and this time, Camden met his future girlfriend, Ainsley (the last time we saw her, he was still growing in my belly). Here is a picture from their very first date:
Camden actually slept through the entire evening, but it was a delicious meal at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, Fresco's, and I was so grateful that he did very well at his first meal out! We mostly spent the weekend at the house playing games and hanging out, but we did take a few outings to some of our favorite places to eat. Camden even visited Southlake where it was nice to enjoy lunch and walk around. We broke in our strollers while our friends were visiting! I did have a panic moment in Southlake when Camden started crying in the middle of lunch, but it turns out that he just needed a diaper change, and then he went right back to sleep. I think it was harder on me than it was on him. I never really understood when women said that it is physically painful when their babies cry until now. It is true - I guess that is what keeps us from just letting our babies lay their and cry - there is actually a physical need to comfort them. Here a shot of Camden and Ainsley enjoying some play time - I think it looks like Camden is trying to touch Ainsley - too cute!

What a six month old looks like next to a two week old!
A close-up of our little guy - I feel like he is already so much bigger than when this picture was taken!
Right before bedtime for both babies - even though Camden was already asleep at this point.
A week later, Neal's Aunt Vicky came all the way from El Salvador to visit, and he slept the entire time she was here.
Enjoying some tummy time on Daddy's tummy. Camden is starting to push himself up with his arms, and he has rolled from his back to his side a few times, too. He loves to roll over to his side/tummy after a good meal!
We also bundled him up for his first walk around the neighborhood. This was a nice long walk that definitely wore out both of us - I'm not sure I was quite ready physically for the three mile hike, but it was so good to get outside and enjoy this weather.
With all of our babies - I think the puppies appreciated the attention and time outside as well.
Dressed up in his baseball outfit to watch the Rangers game (at home with Mommy) - even though they lost. :(
This is still one of his favorite places to sleep - he often falls asleep on my chest after a particularly trying crying fit.
For the past few days, Camden has started having troubles with his tummy starting late in the afternoon and lasting off and on until about midnight when he finally goes to sleep. It has been so tough to watch him scream and cry and try to push out his gas/bowel movements, and all that we can do is try to soothe him with tummy massages, pushing his legs up, hold him on his tummy, rock him, or give him his pacifier. Sometimes we have just had to let him cry until he gets tired. When I get particularly tired, I start to cry as well. Yesterday, I couldn't even put in my contacts, because my eyes were so dry from crying. At least today has been a much better day. I don't know what fixed the problem, but he did not seem to be in pain when he had his bowel movements, and he has slept better this afternoon. I'm hoping that this does not mean we will have a tough night ahead of us! He has figured out that nights are for sleeping, and he has had 5-6 hour stretches of sleep at night. That has made a world of difference for us in the energy department! I also wonder if he sleeps so well, because he is tired from all of his grimaces and crying! Here's hoping that he keeps this up!
I am so grateful that I get to be a mommy to this adorable little boy, and I can't believe that I have to go back to school soon! At least I get to enjoy a couple more weeks with him first! Keep us in your prayers!

0 comments: