LilyPie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Catching Up!

I know that it has been awhile, but we have had a busy few weeks! I have had to adjust to being back at school after Christmas break, and we have either had people in town, been sick, or gone on day trips on the weekends in January. This past weekend was the first time we had nothing to do, and while the weather was amazing (highs in the 70's and sunny), my allergies were acting up so I spent most of the weekend inside. I'm still getting over these allergy issues! By the way, I never used to deal with allergies, but then I got pregnant about a year ago, and it seems as though I will be fighting allergies for the rest of my life. Obviously I am no longer pregnant, but the allergy flare-ups continue! Add that to the growing list of ways I have already sacrificed my body for my child. But, when you get to wake up to this face each day,

wouldn't you say it's worth it? :)
A few updates for the month, Camden experienced his first snow:
He loved it!
I loved that we used socks as mittens to keep his hands warm. :)
Such a happy boy!
We also participated in our church's baby dedication.
(We are in the center of this picture.) We actually forgot to call the church to inform them of Camden's arrival, so we only found out about the baby dedication the day before, but thankfully they were able to include us in the festivities. At first I thought it wouldn't be as special since it was all of the babies born in 201o (which explains the huge crowd from this picture), but the reception before the church service was really neat. Camden was given two Bibles, a cross for his nursery, a diaper bag tag, and we met with an elder and his wife who prayed over our family. The prayer was really heartfelt, and even though we didn't know this particular elder, he really captured some of our hopes and dreams for our little guy in his prayer. It was also great to see many of our friends who have had babies over the last year and get to celebrate with them as well. I can't believe that at this time last year, we were just finding out that we were expecting our little bundle of joy, and now he has been with us for four months. I find myself thinking a lot about what we were doing at this time last year, and how we couldn't wait to meet our little guy and learn all about him. What a huge difference one year makes!
Also, one of Neal's best friends, Jared, came to visit us recently and he hung out with Camden. He loved getting to cuddle with him and play. I think Jared secretly wishes that he has a little one of his own - even though we used to tease him that he never wanted to have kids!
Jared also helped Neal put together Camden's Around the World play table. He loves it already, even though his legs aren't quite long enough for his feet to touch the ground. I have a feeling that our little guy will spend a lot of time in this over the next few months. He was fascinated by the bright colors and all of the moving parts! Camden has also started to enjoy his Johnny Jump Up - we have it hanging in the doorway to this nursery, and he loves to spin and practice taking steps in it.
He has also started rolling over from his tummy to his back and from his back to his tummy! He used to hate tummy time, but now, he loves to hang out on his tummy. It looks like he is trying to do push ups! Pretty soon he will be scooting and sitting up. I'm not sure I'm ready for him to grow up so fast, but I'm so proud of all of the things he's learning to do.
This picture was taken after a bath. We love his "after bath" hair - it stands up completely straight! He also gets a little "faux-hawk" that does not require any extra styling to stay in place. :) He is already so stylish! Camden has also discovered some new sounds. He sometimes sounds like Tarzan when he talks. O - e - o - e - oh! He loves to put his lips together and blow like he is making toot sounds (such a boy!), and this is what he does whenever he finishes eating or he is happy. At church on Saturday night, he kept making this noise towards the end of Rick's sermon, and he doesn't know what "Shh!" means yet, so I had to distract him with his plastic keys. However, those were almost as noisy as his noises! This prompted Neal to decide it was time to find out about our church's nursery. We went and visited and found out that they take babies as young as two months old, and there are different rooms for different age groups. Everything seemed really clean and everyone was very nice, so we may try it out during the sermon next week. I know it will be good for him, but I'm worried I will be a nervous wreck while he is in there! Expect an update on this soon!
Camden with his new Bible from the baby dedication at church - he is wearing his Valentine's Day shirt from Grammy, and he is my "prince charming." :)
This picture shows how he is starting to try and sit up on his own, but he doesn't last very long! So adorable!
Well, the main reason why this post is happening is because we had a snow day today, and I just found out we have another snow day tomorrow! Two bonus days with my little guy this week! I'm so excited! I know we will have to make them up later on in the year, but it's still nice to get extra time with my little one when I didn't expect it. Oh, and I'm also enjoying the extra time with my hubby, too. :)
On Thursday, we will go in for his four month check-up and shots, so expect an update on his stats soon! I do know that he is at least 15 pounds, because that is what he weighed at 3 and a half months (we visited Pop's office a few weeks ago during a day trip to Athens). What a chubby chunker! But, he's a pretty cute chubby chunker!

1 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yay for a new post! Much better than me. Ainsley has only been to the nursery 3 times. The first 2times all I did the whole service was wonder if she was ok. But this last time it was better and its a nice time to enjoy time just the two of you. Ainsley goes in for her check-up on Friday. She hasnt been weighed in 3 1/2 months so I can't wait for that! But she's been running a fever all day today :( Anyways, good to see some new pics of Camden!