LilyPie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Halfway!

My first purchase at Babies R Us that was not for someone else's baby. This was right after our ultrasound - and this happens to be the only picture I have of me at 18 weeks!

Our son's first set of onesies - I love these colors! Neal and I decide that we both like the more subdued neutral colors over the super bright primary colors for little boys' clothes (think of the colors in our house - if you have seen them).

I don't want anyone to think that I am reverting back to my old habits of not updating my blog, but it has truly been a very busy past two weeks at our house! In case you didn't hear through facebook or text message or a phone call, we are having an adorable little boy! Neal and I are so glad to finally know, and we have been able to pick out nursery colors (along with some fabric). My nana is going to make our nursery set for us, and I am so excited to get that process started! The appointment for the sonogram went really well - we found out that the position and the location of the placenta and umbilical cord is totally normal. The baby was facing my back most of the time, so he had to push on my belly to get him to move around more, but he was able to get some great profile shots, and I love the dvd that shows him moving around. So comforting to see and know that he is totally healthy and normal. My doctor had warned me ahead of time that sometimes the sonographer has to leave the room to discuss something that he has seen on the ultrasound with her. She said that sometimes it doesn't even mean anything serious, but many times it does. He stayed in the room with us the entire time, and he even said multiple times that everything is completely normal! That has been my prayer throughout this pregnancy, so it is comforting to know that God is watching over our little one! The story of how we found out that we're having a boy is pretty funny. When we first started our sonogram, he asked us if we wanted to know, and we, of course, said yes. Then, he squirted the jelly on my tummy and started moving the camera around. Maybe five seconds later, he said, "Well, you're having a boy. No doubt about it, you are definitely having a boy." It was so weird to all of a sudden know and not wonder about it any more. We honestly thought that he would do all of the important stuff first and then tell us, but he just told us at the beginning. Then, he kept saying over and over again, "It's a boy. It's a boy." He also kept pointing out is his "wienie" which really made me wish he would use a more technical term for that particular body part, but maybe our sonographer is one of those adults who is not comfortable with words like "penis." Anyway, now we know! Here are two fabrics I have purchased for the nursery! The top on is the main pattern, and the polka dots may actually be just for an accessory or a diaper bag - I haven't decided yet, but I love them both!

We have also had two very fun-filled weekends in the last two weeks! Last weekend, we enjoyed burgers on Friday night with some friends - although we couldn't stay out late, because I had school the next day. That was our make-up day for the bad weather we had back in February. I actually didn't mind it so much, because the classes were only 35 minutes long, and there was no traffic on the way to school that morning - I kind of wish every day could be like that day! On Sunday, Neal and I met my friend from school and some of her friends in South Dallas where we heard Donald Miller (one of our favorite Christian authors) speak at a fellowship church. It was a great talk - I felt like he was very conversational, and I loved listening to his stories about some of the people he has met along his travels. Then, we met up with our good friends who live in Oak Cliff where we had an awesome meal (pizza at a great little Italian restaurant) and walked around the Bishop Arts district where we tried out some great chocolate and bought some unique sodas. I had key lime pie flavored soda and Neal bought a clear soda called Not See Kola. Yum! We both felt like this was an awesome day and totally worth the drive!

This weekend, Neal's parents came to town and we spent the day at the zoo on Saturday where we enjoyed a picnic lunch and great animal sightings! I didn't think that the weather would cooperate, but it didn't rain at all - the clouds actually helped to keep it from being to warm. Our favorite part is getting to feed all of the birds, and I really can't wait to take our little one there someday. We finished off the day with dinner at Razzoo's in downtown Fort Worth, and frozen yogurt and blackberry cobbler with a movie at our house. Some of us had frozen yogurt (at the new place by our house) and some of us had cobbler (Mrs. Smith's - from our freezer), and Neal and I had both! I think that sometimes Neal believes that he is also eating for two! Anyway, we finished the weekend with tennis/walking around the track and dinner at Wendy's with some more good friends. Since we haven't had small group for the last couple of weeks, we've ended up hanging out more one on one with some of our good friends from small group. It has been nice to get to do that now - while we can! I have a feeling that we may not be as free when our little one arrives.

So, we are still thinking about names, but I think we have narrowed it down to two excellent choices. I'll tell you in person if you want to hear them, but we hope to have a name picked out soon, so we know what to call our little guy. I have another appointment in two weeks, and keep praying that everyone is still healthy! Here I am at 20 weeks - halfway there!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the striped fabric you picked, it's so vibrant! Congrats on finding out you're having a boy, and also on everything being normal and healthy =)

(This is Stephanie McNeese from small group, by the way)