LilyPie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Showered (Part 2)!

On Sunday, we had my church and other friends shower at my good friend Heather's house - she and her husband have been our travel buddies this year, and I am so blessed to have her friendship! There were seven hostesses for this shower, and I have to say that I was so impressed with their creativity! They went above and beyond!

Here I am at the guest sign-in table with the first of the adorable decorations that the girls' found - those little square shaped pictures of the whales and anchors were in the dollar bin at Michael's, and I get to use them in the nursery, too!

This was such a cute idea! Each bag contained a mystery item that we had to guess by feeling them through the bag. The person who got the most right received a prize. I got to keep the items in the bags! We also played guess the name of the baby animal - that was extremely hard! Kudos to Neal's Aunt Barbara who won by getting a whopping 11 correct!

The diaper cake made with 90 size 1 diapers for Camden! It also had one of the blankets and bibs and onesies! Heather does this for a living, so look her up if you are interested in a custom diaper cake - she has talent!

The snacks! We enjoyed broccoli, edamame, cocktail shrimp (they looked like they were swimming!), fruit pizza, and blue ice cream punch that was foamy like the ocean! So cute and delicious!
Blue (like the ocean) cupcakes that had life preservers and boats that were named S.S. Camden as the toppers! These were made by my friend Katie - I had no idea that she needs to go into the cupcake business! I am still enjoying these today!

Playing the guess the baby animal game - we were really surprised to learn some of the answers - I think I would have done better if I had chosen science or elementary education as my teaching specialty!
Another very soft blanket crocheted by my mom for Camden - she made this before we knew whether we were having a girl or a boy, so I chose a very soft khaki colored yarn, because I knew it would go with anything that I chose for the nursery. Camden's first Eric Carle book from my friend Katie - I have always loved The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and I keep picking it up at the store, but I had been waiting until I found it for a good price. I am so happy to have it for my sweet little boy - I hope he loves it as much as I do!

Hop on Pop shirt from Camden's Aunt Kendyll - she chose this shirt because Neal's dad is going to go by Pop, so this was special for him, too. I think it is really stylish - I wish I had a Dr. Suess shirt in my size!
A set of the most popular Dr. Suess books - I also loved these as a kid - particularly Green Eggs and Ham, and I can't wait to read these to Camden!

Neal's mom and my Aunt Tina - on a side note, Neal's parents will be in Atlanta in a few weeks, so they plan on getting together with my aunt while they are there. I love that my family and Neal's family got to spend so much time together this weekend! It was neat to see everyone interacting and realizing how much they like each other!

Katie with her three month old Graham - he was so well-behaved at the shower! What a cutie!

The hostess gift was a whale bathtub filled with fun bath toys, clothes, and other goodies!

Still finding more cute stuff - I love this puppy dog outfit that says "I love my mommy" on the bib!
With all of my sweet, adorable hostesses - they are an amazing group of women, and I am so happy that we get to be in a small group with them! Christy is missing from this picture, but she had a wedding to attend/participate in, so she missed the shower, but she contributed a great deal of help to the planning and materials, too!

Look at how blessed our baby boy already is!

Comparing bellies with my friend Stephanie - she is due in November, so I guess we will be planning her shower next!
After our shower on Sunday, we put Neal to work on the bassinet, because everyone (all of the family) wanted to see it put together before they left the next morning to go home. I was not allowed to help, so it was very hard for me to give up control and let others do all of the work and directions interpreting!

With the finished product and all of Neal's helpers (my cousins) - I am so relieved that Camden will have a place to sleep when he comes home from the hospital!


Now, I need to finish my thank you notes, wash everything, and hang up the wall decor in the nursery! I am so lucky to have such wonderful, generous friends and family!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Your showers looked awesome! I wish I could have been there! The details and diaper cake at the second one were amazing. I noticed you got some of the things you registered for when I went with you! We almost got that bassinet. Ours is really similar and I liked it. Anyways I could keep going but I'll stop there. Oh yeah, I love that first blanket your mom made! Also I cannot wait to show Brantley Neal's shirt. I can only imagine what he'll say! Where did you find that!? Its hilarious. Ok now I'm done...

Cindy Helf said...

Thanks! I wish you could have been there, too! I am still so grateful that I had your help at Target - it made it so much easier! I found Neal's shirt at Kohl's - I had a student who wore it to school all of the time, and I waited until it went on sale to get it for him. I think it helps Neal feel like he's getting to wear maternity clothes, too! It was great talking with you the other day!