LilyPie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Why I Love Tuesday . . .

Today was a busy day! We had our 30 week appointment with the doctor where we heard the heartbeat (still going strong), checked my weight, blood pressure, measurements, urine sample, etc., and found out that everything is still normal. We also had a very long conversation with the doctor about why she would choose a C-section or induction. I love that she will only use these as last resort options and does not like to choose those unless there is nothing else that will work. She also eased my fears about some of the really scary things that have happened to some friends of mine recently during their deliveries. It sounds like she knows what to look for in certain situations, and she also knew how to prevent many of the complications that I have heard about recently. She really made me feel better about our options. By the way, I had all of the serious questions about labor and delivery, and Neal wanted to know if she had ever fallen off of the step that she sometimes has to stand on for C-sections! I will admit that I was just slightly embarrassed, because the question implied that he thought our doctor was really short - I just hope that she wasn't offended! By the way, interesting trivia that we learned today: Sylvester Stallone has a slur in his speech, because he was delivered using forceps that were improperly placed. Who knew?

Here's what I look like at 30 weeks:

We've also been busy working on the nursery! I have completed several artsy items, while my Nana completed all of the sewing projects (they arrived today!), and Neal put together and lifted the furniture items.

More items that I have painted for the nursery - they look great with the nautical theme!

Great lamp that I found at Marshall's!

Memory board made by my friend Keri and her mom - so cute!

Quilt, bumper pads, and bed skirt (made with love by my Nana)

Diaper holder for the changing table - love the detail on this! By the way, this was made by Nana, as well.

Baskets with liners (also made by Nana)

Window treatment made by Nana - she said that this was her favorite part of the nursery items! I think it's pretty awesome, too!
I am so excited to have all of this great stuff for Camden's nursery, and I can't wait to see him in it! He is one very blessed boy! In other news, the doctor said that he is probably laying in a transverse position (which means he is laying across my stomach), and I have noticed that he likes to push up against the part of my stomach that is right next to the belly button. Neal and I like to push him back, because we can feel the hard part where he is hanging out. He has been especially active lately, and I feel like I sit there and my stomach just bounces. I also sometimes think that he is moving so much at night that it is shaking our bed, but Neal hasn't felt anything yet. Today, we also went up to my school to drop off the school supplies I found on sale at Staples last week, and I saw that my Smartboard was installed! For those of you who don't teach, a Smartboard is an awesome screen that you can touch and use for really great interactive lessons - I am so lucky to get to have one thanks to a state grant that we received last year! I can't wait to try it out! Don't you see why this has been a great Tuesday?
To catch you up on last week, I enjoyed chicken and waffles for the first time at a place called Buttons in south Fort Worth - so good! I highly recommend this place, and I loved the fact that we saw the actually chef/owner working in the kitchen - he even talked to us, because we were sitting at the chef's table! On Friday, we drove out to Ikea for shelves (for more nursery stuff) and great food on what Neal coined, "Swedish Day." We also watched a Swedish movie and cooked some of our favorite Swedish foods that night. I actually went to the gym on Saturday (shocking!), and Neal and I hung out at the pool on Sunday morning - Neal can't wait to get to play in the kids' area when Camden is here!
This weekend will be full of hanging out with family and friends for two showers for Camden - I can't wait to see everybody, and enjoy some great food!







0 comments: