LilyPie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

Big "Days"

We also celebrated our first real Father's Day and Mother's Day. On Mother's Day, we went to church, took some pictures in the backyard (see below), went downtown to eat lunch at the Love Shack and dessert at Sweet Sammies, and hung out with my brother and mom that night. We had planned on going to the zoo, but it was super hot during lunch, so we decided to try that another time when the weather is better - maybe a fall trip to the zoo? Right now, it is just too hot outside!
With my sweet boy who may or may not be making a face :)
I love giving him sweet sweet kisses!
First time in a restaurant high chair (we learned to remember the high chair pad - he lasts much longer with the padding) while eating barbecue with my mom and brother that night.
Hanging out with Uncle Mike. Unfortunately I did not get a picture with Camden, me, and my mom on Mother's Day. So, I am not always on top of things like taking pictures of important events. I guess we will have to settle for the memories instead.
Neal also celebrated his birthday during the same week as Father's Day. I had professional development at my district office, so Neal's mom was in town to help out with Camden. She made a sheet cake for Neal and treated us to dinner at a Japanese steak house near our house.
Neal had Camden "help" blow out his candles. Apparently, this is practice for his birthday. He still needs some practice.
So, Neal blew them out by himself! On the following Sunday, we went to church, ate lunch at Taco Bueno (this is where Camden threw up his asparagus - gross!), and took Neal for a round of gold at Iron Horse.
Camden is learning the game at a very young age!
Neal loves his little guy!
I also let Camden get down and crawl on the grass. He wasn't too sure about how it felt on his knees, but he definitely liked it on his toes. He had fun, but since it was so very hot outside, we could not stay for a full eighteen holes. Did I mention that we are in the middle of a drought and record high temps for June and July? I am so grateful that I am not pregnant this summer! We thoroughly enjoyed our special days!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I was just saying the other day that I am SOOOO glad to not be preggers this summer! Agh, can you imagine???